
Oh Reb. (person with a placard saying laugh runs across the stage) Hehehe. I'm not sure how I exactly met her, but I did hear of a girl who went to Mt. Carmel. I had vaguely heard of Mt. Carmel. Actually that's a lie. I knew of Mt. Carmel because that's where my piano teacher used to live. But to me, it was just another high school is San Diego (No offense Reb). So after I met Reb, I saw her as a diligent person who got everything done efficiently and got rewarded well because of her hard work. Of course I was jealous of efficiency + hard work = happiness (in some form) because I somehow lost couldn't master the first part of the equation. Sigh, if only I could bottle motivation, I'd be a millionaire. Aside from that point, she was pretty fun to talk to and tease a bit except for the fact that she always went to bed by 10. I wish I could have gone to bed early, but Latin and OWL Chem HW were kicking my butt simultaneously. Actually, OWL HW was just plain annoying.
So Reb is an intended Electrical Engineering and Computer Sciences (EECS) major. Eek is right. I mean it has my 2 worst enemies combined into 1 major. Who wants to ask for the chance to die by electricity and to die of frustration from stupid technology? Such battles I struggle with every though the chance of being struck by lightning isn't that high here, and I normally don't go around throwing electronics into bathtubs or sticking random things into wall sockets. As for technology, I should be grateful that my computer isn't dying or worse, Not Responding.
Onto more important things, Reb shares my interest in plushies and how they all have their own characters. And she also shares my interest in Peanuts (not the kind that people are allergic to which also can bring death to others by means of aflatoxin consumption). Why am I being so morbid in Reb's description? Maybe she did something to me in my past life. Well, she and I have yet to master the Yellow River duet on the piano. Personally, I've never played a duet (I get confused on "Heart and Soul" because there's too many notes playing all at once), but I am excited for this one. Hopefully we finish before we graduate.
But yay to nerdiness and to Comic-con and to Heroes and the Big Bang Theory. Reb is on her own for Pottercast and Astrophysics. Seriously, this semester, her astrophysics book is like a weapon: sharp corners and as is a bit thicker than the Webster's Dictionary High School edition.
I have also discovered something about Reb this new school year since she is my neighbor. She has this poking fetish. Sometimes she says poke without actually touching you. I guess it's similar to when I say "sigh" instead of actually sighing. It's quite a way to mess with people's heads. And I thought college messed with our heads enough. One last thing, I realized that Reb somewhat resembles a pirahna. To further explain, Flor, Reb and I went swimming last year. Imagine this. So Flor and I were resting near the shallow end of the wall when Reb's head emerges halfway above the water. Of course I see blue goggles, and then suddenly the head emerges again to show a set of shining teeth, and then the head submerges. This process repeats for a bit, and then we start swimming again. To me this is sort of creepy because it's like living the movie Jaws except with no anticipatory music. Anyways, Reb is Reb. There's no other way to explain it.
No comments:
Post a Comment