
Here's Nikki. Sorry Nikki that it took so long to put up. So rewind back to last year about this time (maybe a couple more weeks back). I met Nikki when she made a cool video on her computer. After watching the video, I was amazed and intimated by her technological savvy. I do not want to recount the ways that technology has complicated my life. Though technology is awesome in some ways like the ipod and touchable screens, the vast Internet has some flaws namely internet-based homework. So you might think that you're saving tree by submitting homework online, but I'm pretty sure that there will the same amount of scratch paper, pencil shavings, and eraser pieces left over. Today, without the internet, you're pretty much doomed. I will restrain myself from using profanity because 1) it will forever be marked on the internet 2) this site is user/ reader friendly (I have no idea what that means, but what I meant was that this site is PG rated in language).
Nikki and I have a love for chemistry. blink blink. I remember sitting through lectures pointing our plastic i-clickers at the screen (as if it did anything). I'm pretty sure that the receiver was somewhere hidden in the webcasting room. Anyways, our professors were interesting and entertaining. To say the least, this is what I learned. Quote: "Oh yes. Hydrogen Peroxide-molecular formula H2O2. This is the stuff you clean your contact lenses with" Though I don't wear contacts, I'm pretty sure from watching people, that you don't clean your lenses with hydrogen peroxide. Wouldn't that start popping the blood vessels in your eyes?
What are we up to now? Well, our movie nights live on, somewhat. I feel like a critic when talking with Nikki. Our love for movies often allows us to look at the nitty gritty details. Stupid movies often stir up more conversation than well made movies. Also, I have yet to play Lego Star Wars with Nikki. That game is the cutest game and very entertaining. I like the fact that when the Lego people die, they fall to pieces. No blood, no gore, but yes laser guns. Man, I feel nerdy.
For more nerdiness, onto Asian dramas. So I never really understood drama watching until I entered college and the idea of being TV-less finally hit. Though I didn't watch TV much at home but rather movies (lots and lots of movies), Asian dramas differ from the regular soap operas and TV shows. I have to admit that an hour long episode (yes an entire hour with no commercials) can be quite grueling especially if the producer decides to stretch the drama out for more than 16 episodes. So yes, Asian dramas seem to have the same pattern: the love rectangle: the passive girl who likes this boy who likes her back or is mean to her but secretly will end up liking her later, the second girl (always manipulative and prettier) trying to get that boy's attention while somehow trying to off the passive girl, another boy who likes the passive girl and sometimes teams up with the evil girl to get his way. What I don't understand is why the passive girl remains so passive and tries to fight everything on her own. Of course the main boy remains pretty clueless, and the evil girl can't get it through her head that she isn't wanted and that there's no point hanging onto a guy who doesn't love you. As for the boy that completes the love rectangle, he just causes complications. I'm off dramas now for the moment because school has started. That might be a lie soon, but it's still true now.
1 comment:
Wow Nikki's bio is pretty awesome, although it would have to be to match her. Anyway I love your tangent about Asian drama's. Everything you say is very true and yet they still somehow remain strangely addictive, even to non Asians like myself.
~Crystal
Post a Comment